My Photo
Name:
Location: Bangalore, KA, India

everything is transient including what i think i know about myself ...

Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Here is an interesting thought:

We have all been reciting this shloka by rote for ages: tvameva maata cha pitaa tvameva, tvameva bandhushcha sakhaa tvameva, tvameva vidyaa dravinam tvameva, tvameva sarvam mama deva deva.

Loosely translated it means, you are everything to me - mother, father, relative, friend, knowledge, money/asset - everything that is of some worth/significance in life.

I had been mulling that the placement of these in a given order had some significance too: mother first, followed by father etc.

Recently it struck me that Maslow would agree with the placement too!!

Physiological Needs: You are my Mother
Safety Needs: You are my Father
Social Needs: You are my Relative & Friend
Esteem Needs: You are my Knowledge & Asset
Self-Actualization Needs: You are everything.

Seems to make sense to me at this point of time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Sudoku from SudokuPuzz.com